NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO WOMEN WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO, 18 OR OVER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY.
1) Contest Period: The Maxx You Project (the “Contest”) begins at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 18, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 26, 2018 (the “Contest Period”) and consists of three (3) entry periods, each starting the same day (each, a “Workshop Entry Period”) as follows: the Los Angeles Workshop Entry Period starts at 8:00 a.m. ET on June 18, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 8, 2018; the Atlanta Workshop Entry Period starts at 8:00 a.m. ET on June 18, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday August 5, 2018; and the New York Workshop Entry Period starts at 8:00 a.m. ET on June 18, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 26, 2018.
2) Eligibility: Open to women who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, at least 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. For purposes of the Contest and these Official Rules, the person submitting the Entry (as defined below) is considered the “Entrant” and her entry is deemed the “Entry”. Employees of The TJX Companies, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members and agents and their immediate family members spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
3) How To Enter: To enter via the Site, you must visit www.maxxyouproject.com (the “Site”), select the workshop you would like to attend if you are determined a winner (Los Angeles, Atlanta, or New York) (each a “Workshop”), and enter the information required for registration. Then, submit a story outlining when you feel like your most authentic self and what stops you from being that person all the time. (collectively with story and photo, the “Story”). In addition, you will have the option to share your Facebook URL and Twitter/Instagram handles, and a photo that best represents your most authentic self (collectively, with registration and Story, the “Submission”).
4) Submission Requirements: In order to be entered into the Contest, Entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Submission. The Submission may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate images or text including no nudity, acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are illegal/dangerous, as determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Submission Material or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, highlights brand in a negative way, contains any third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand (other than T.J.Maxx) or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including, but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source. Entrant must be the only person depicted in the photo. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Submission qualifies. All Submissions must be the sole, original work of the Entrants. By submitting a Submission, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, designees and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide digital and other rights to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Submissions or excerpts of Submissions (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor at its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, Social Media sites and/or other Sponsor-selected media). In addition, you hereby assign to the Sponsor all rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Submission. You further agree to waive any moral rights in and to the Submission. Automated, script, macro or robotic Submissions submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. If, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Submission appears to have resulted in any injury or bodily harm, it will be rejected. Any Submission not in compliance with the above and does not meet the Site’s requirements will be disqualified.
5) Judging: All Los Angeles Workshop Submissions will be judged by Sponsor-selected judges (“Judges”) on or about July 9, 2018 based on the following criteria: Relevance to Theme (40%), Most Compelling (30%), and Originality/Creativity (30%) (the “Judging Criteria”), to determine forty five (45) Prize winners from among all Los Angeles Workshop Submissions. All Atlanta Workshop Submissions will be judged by the Judges on or about August 6, 2018 based on the Judging Criteria, to determine forty five (45) Prize winners from among all Atlanta Workshop Submissions. All New York Workshop Submissions will be judged by the Judges on or about August 27, 2018 based on the Judging Criteria, to determine forty five (45) Prize winners from among all New York Workshop Submissions. Any tied Submissions will be rejudged by the judges based 100% on Most Compelling to determine the applicable winners. Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, Entrants agree to the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
6) Prizes: Prize (135 total, 45 per Workshop) The opportunity for winner only to attend the Workshop selected at the time of Entry. There is no retail value associated with the Prize. Lodging and transportation to/from Workshop are not included with Prize. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Submissions are received. In the event a Workshop is cancelled for reasons out of Sponsor’s control, prize will not be awarded. Winners agree that Sponsor or its agents may photograph, videotape or record any aspects of the Workshop, including winner (“Footage”) and use that Footage or excerpts of that Footage in any way they see fit. ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7) General Rules: Each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Statement of Eligibility and Liability Release, and except where prohibited, publicity release and assignment of rights (“Statement”) within forty eight (48) hours of notification in order to be determined a Prize winner. If Entrant fails to return the completed Statement within forty-eight (48) hours, Statement is returned as undeliverable, Entrant shall be deemed to be ineligible, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be determined, time permitting. Statement will be sent to the Entrant via email. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination, time permitting. Prize winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with creation of or submitting a Submission or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of prizes awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses and Submissions and Footage for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, Entrants/winners agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Submissions in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. "Authorized account holder" of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the winners from among all eligible Submissions received per Workshop prior to cancellation, based on the Judging Criteria listed above. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. Submissions generated by script or bot are not eligible. As a condition of entering the Contest, Entrant/winners agree that: 1) under no circumstance will Entrant/winners be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
8) Conditions: Winners acknowledge and agrees that Sponsor has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Submissions/Footage in any way it sees fit in connection with advertising or promoting T.J.Maxx brand and products in any medium, throughout the world, in perpetuity. Entrant/winners shall have no right to review or approve edits, alterations or modifications, and the Entrant/winners waive the benefit of any provision of law known as “moral rights.” No information regarding Submissions or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Contest. By submitting a Submission, you represent: (a) that the Submission is your own original work that has not previously been published or publicly shown or won a prize or award; and (b) any and all rights to the Submission belong to you and the Submission does not infringe, misappropriate or violate the rights of any third party. Further, any Submissions that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems to be inappropriate for publication will not be considered.
9) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is The TJX Companies, Inc., 770 Cochituate Road, Framingham, MA 01701.